Thursday, June 4, 2009

With Pixar, Animation Grows Up'

"Up" is a wonderful movie. Among the best I've seen this year.

I gave it 3 1/2 stars. After writing my review I saw it a second time and came away convinced I should have given it 4 stars.

Apparently lots of you agree. Pixar's latest effort did smashing business on its opening weekend (nearly $70 million). Even more telling are the comments I've been getting.

On the same day, two guys - both middle-aged men - told me they'd found themselves crying twice during the film.

This is not a reaction we're used to with animated entertainment, much less from middle-aged men. But "Up" makes cartoon characters as real, as substantial, as emotionally rich as any Oscar-winning drama.

Yeah, it's a fanciful adventure about an old man and little kid who float away for a South American expedition in a house borne aloft by hundreds of colorful helium balloons.

But it's also about growing old, about loneliness at any stage of life, about bereavement and the human need for growth and adventure that stubbornly refuses to fade with time.

Read More Article...

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Outsource Animation Services Outsourcing Services