Friday, January 4, 2008

BREAKING NEWS ANIMATION: IOWA STUNNER

Election nights are tough for print journalists, especially for political cartoonists. In the past, depending on deadlines and what time of night the election was called, I might have been forced to settle for running a generic cartoon about a given election, sans any reference to the eventual outcome.

But later press deadlines mean that my paper can run much more specific cartoons, often pegged to the final outcome of a given election. And the Internet means that my paper's web folks can post my cartoons online without regard to print deadlines.

Of course, all this takes a lot of extra effort. For Thursday's night's caucuses in Iowa, I prepared three print versions of my cartoon for Thursday's paper, and animated each of the three. The first version was the "safe bet" for use in the first print edition. Anyone who followed the polls coming out of Iowa knew that neither Fred Thompson, nor Rudy Giuliani would emerge victorious.

Read More Article...

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Outsource Animation Services Outsourcing Services